Dirt Bike Mad? You’ve Found The Right Place!
Welcome to Dirt Bike Planet.
Do you ever catch yourself driving past perfectly manicured golf courses and all you can think about is whipping your dirt bike over the sand bunkers and engraving your Dunlop rear tire pattern onto the putting green? Yes, this kind of child-like mentality is common, even among some of us ‘fully grown’ men and women who are obsessed with riding these awesome things.
Or maybe you’ve grown out of your younger, reckless days and you simply want to experience the freedom and adventure of riding through the bush, sand dunes and mountain trails with your mates or family? Well if either of the above scenarios resonates with you, you’ve found the right place.
DBTP is now over 10 years old and still serving up good value to YOU.. the visitor. Consider this your non-commercial go-to dirt bike website that has been set up by a fellow rider to provide helpful information and advice for riders that are searching for it. You’ll find stacks of interesting and informative discussions written by other enthusiasts from all over the world – like the heated and controversial ‘Two stroke vs Four stroke’ pages – and you can have your say too.
So if you’re just starting out, or you’ve got a bit of experience under your kidney belt already, chances are you’ll find something in here that hits the spot… or maybe even rekindles your urge to simply go out and ride again!
And for those of you that are injured or broken on the sideline I’ve also added a whole heap of cool stuff that you can waste a few hours away entertaining yourself with.
Some Of The Things You Can Expect To Find On Dirt Bike Tips & Pics..
- Rider forums – This is where you can have your say or ask some questions. You won’t find any crap in here or threads of abuse.. just interesting and original discussions.
- Crash videos – Check ’em out cause these are gnarly!
- Track building tips – Pointers on layouts, permits, drainage and safety.
- Dirt Bike maintenance and set-up – Basic tips to help you achieve better performance from your bike. Something that is often neglected by lower level riders but can make a HUGE difference to your enjoyment!
- What to look for when buying used dirt bikes – These tips will save you money and help you find a sound second hand bike – guaranteed.
- Motocross games – These are the best free online games that I could find. There are loads of ’em so save them for a rainy day.
- Riding gear advice – It’s not rocket science but there are a few things to look out for when buying helmets, boots, goggles etc. Heck, you might even learn a bit of trivial information while you’re at it!
- A world-wide directory of places to ride – Yep, you read that correctly. You won’t find any tracks listed in Moscow, Iceland or Timbuktu (where is that?!).. but you will find an extensive list of motocross parks, enduro loops and MX clubs from English speaking, dirtbike loving countries around the globe.
- .. and heaps more cool stuff!
Like the rest of you, I ain’t pro, but I love this crazy sport of dirt bike riding. Ever since I was a young kid I’ve always been obsessed with it and believed it has to be the coolest motorsport in the world. However, it requires time, practice, passion and usually a broken collar-bone or shattered ankle to become a good rider (or a fractured vertebrae in my case). Those factors are up to you and a bit of luck, but the basic ‘how to’ can be found right here.
If you think DBTP is worth a ‘thumbs up’ then be a champ and click the ‘like’ button up on the top left there. It’d also be pretty cool if you could join a few thousand of us on Facebook – it’s a great place to interact, watch the latest dirt bike vids and check out some sweet photos!
So get on ya bike and take a look around – there’s plenty of good dirt to keep you occupied. And I’m constantly updating DBTP by looking for more interesting stuff to keep you coming back.
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE by clicking on ‘Bookmarks’ or ‘Favorites’ in the top left of your toolbar.